“In the process of vehicle intelligence, electrification, and networking, many companies in the field of intelligent driving have taken root and grown, introducing intelligent driving technology into real life. We see more cars equipped with powerful ADAS functions, and more advanced autonomous driving solutions are becoming more and more mature in the process of transitioning from scenario-centric autonomous driving technology to the driverless stage. Functions such as Automatic Parking (APA), Home Area Memory Parking (HAVP), Traffic Jam Assist (TJA), High Speed Assisted Driving (HWA), and Automatic Navigation Assisted Driving (NOA) have become familiar to ordinary car owners and are no longer professional. People talk on paper.
Author: Fredy Zhang
In the process of vehicle intelligence, electrification, and networking, many companies in the field of intelligent driving have taken root and grown, introducing intelligent driving technology into real life. We see more cars equipped with powerful ADAS functions, and more advanced autonomous driving solutions are becoming more and more mature in the process of transitioning from scenario-centric autonomous driving technology to the driverless stage. Functions such as Automatic Parking (APA), Home Area Memory Parking (HAVP), Traffic Jam Assist (TJA), High Speed Assisted Driving (HWA), and Automatic Navigation Assisted Driving (NOA) have become familiar to ordinary car owners and are no longer professional. People talk on paper.
At present, in the process of the evolution of the Electronic and electrical architecture of the whole vehicle from distributed to centralized, the parking function and the driving function are integrated, and more and more parking-integrated technical solutions, namely intelligent driving domain controller solutions, have emerged. The multi-chip line-parking integration solution has been widely used. Driving and parking are integrated from two separate systems into one. For the function and performance of the system, while improving the performance, it brings consumers a seamless intelligent driving experience between multiple different scenarios. Based on the mass production of the dual-TDA4VM parking and parking integration solution, while bringing extraordinary experience to users, we also see the improvement of intelligent driving technology and huge imagination space.
The integrated solution based on dual TDA4VM has been mass-produced. At the same time, with the improvement of algorithm software maturity, the emergence of higher-performance chips, and the system cost advantage, the single-chip TDA4 line-parking integration solution has become an ideal choice for the line-parking integration solution. From the current form, there are two ways to achieve it: one is to realize a single TDA4VM/VMeco integrated solution with AI computing power of about 8TOPS based on a single TDA4VM or TDA4VM Eco. This solution uses time-sharing multiplexing. The sensor system can be configured as 5V5R or 6V5R; the other is based on a single TDA4VH or TDA4VM Plus to achieve an AI computing power of 24~32TOPS single TDA4VH/VM Plus integrated solution for parking, computing Stronger, more cameras can be connected.
The single TDA4VM/TDA4VM Eco parking and parking integration solution is shown in the figure below. It needs to extract data from different sensors and convert it into vehicle driving information. These sensors need to be equipped with different types of cameras, millimeter-wave radars and ultrasonic sensors, etc. This solution shows the 5V5R solution, that is, 5 cameras and 5 millimeter-wave radars. The number and type of sensors can be adjusted according to the needs of users.
The single TDA4VH/TDA4VM PLUS integrated solution for traveling and parking is shown in the figure below. It has higher computing power (a single chip can reach 24-32TOPS) and can connect to more cameras. For example, the following 10V5R solution uses 10 cameras and 5 millimeter-wave radars to realize the solution of traveling and parking. The number and type of sensors can be adjusted according to the user’s needs.
1. Functional aspects: A single chip can realize rich driving and parking functions
a. Driving: Blind Spot Detection (BSD), Door Open Warning (DOW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), Intelligent High Beam Control (IHC), Forward Travel Warning (FCTA), Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Rear Collision Alert (RCW), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist (LKA), Manual Lane Change (PLC), Traffic Jam Assist (TJA), High Speed Assisted Driving (HWA), Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB), interactive highway automatic driving (HWP), interactive highway congestion automatic driving (TJP), automatic assisted navigation driving (NOA) and other functions;
b. In terms of parking, functions such as panoramic function (AVM), automatic parking assistance (APA), remote parking assistance (RPA), and home area memory parking (HAVP) can be realized;
2. Safety aspects: TI Jacinto7 processor integrates HSM to achieve information confidentiality, and internally integrates ASIL D MCU. This enables the user’s products to meet the quality and functional safety and information security objectives of the vehicle.
3. Scalability: The importance of a high-performance system-on-chip (SoC) is that it can perform parallel processing. The TI Jacinto7 processor belongs to a heterogeneous multi-core architecture. In addition to ARM A72, digital signal processing C7x/C66, MCU R5F and other computing cores, the internal VPAC, DMPAC The accelerator effectively reduces the load on the main core, so that applications can be deployed flexibly and promote continuous function customization and expansion.
4. Computing power: Jacinto7 provides users with a single chip of 0~32T computing power, a single C7x/MMA can achieve 8TOPS computing power, the series is divided into different versions according to the configuration, which can meet the needs of cost reduction and function expansion.
5. Cost aspect: TDA4 series effectively saves system cost with advanced integration. The TDA4 series processor integrates the ASIL-D MCU core, and no external MCU is needed; the interface is rich, and the SOC integrates multiple CAN-FD interfaces, Ethernet, PCIe switches, etc.; built-in ISP, the camera does not need an external ISP.
The development of the system must be cost-effective in order to achieve widespread and effective use. With the maturity of the algorithm software, the multi-chip TDA4VM integrated solution has been mass-produced. It has a high degree of openness, high flexibility, and integrated parking, effectively balancing computing power, cost and power consumption. Rich driving and parking functions and high-safety systems provide users with a safe and comfortable immersive driving experience.
In the future, the integrated parking solution based on a single TDA4VM Eco/TDA4VM PLUS/TDA4VH can be extended from simple scenarios (fewer sensors, lower resolution) to more complex scenarios, opening a new chapter in intelligent driving. It will help to reduce the cost of the system, so as to realize the popularization and popularization of ADAS technology.